I am so excited to be teaming up with one of my favorite local stores here in Portsmouth for this years Valentines day event-Share the Love! Everyone who participates, not only gets some super cute Valentines day cards, but also a $50 gift certificate to Somnia. I recently sat down with Brian, the owner of Somnia, to ask him some questions to help you get to know his store a little better-because I am telling you-you want that gift card. There are SO many coo,fun and luxurious things there that I want to share with you! (my own personal comments are in red)
- (Here are just a few of your options of the beaded bracelet that you will be getting with your share the love package-my husband wears one EVERYDAY and gets SO many compliments)
Now to the interview-
Q: Brian, what is your FAVORITE part of owning a store in downtown Portsmouth?
A: There are so many things I love about Somnia! Being a part of the wonderful Portsmouth community… Finding new and unique treasures to fill the shop… Helping people create their own wonderful nests. But my favorite part of the business is definitely the people! From the fantastic’ regular’ customers, to the visitors who stop by every time they come to town, we love the people we meet. Some of our lifelong friendships began in the shop!
- (If you have had your newborn photographed at my studio then you know the power of these throws. Most babies INSTANTLY stop crying the minute they are put down on this throw!! It is the softest, coziest blanket EVER! This is one of my favorite things)
Q: Brian, what is SOMNIA’s most popular product?
A: We have wonderful throw blankets, Lampes that eliminate unwanted odors from your home (which I also LOVE, they were the only thing that took the smoke smell out of my son’s room after a small fire)…. the list goes on. The most popular product we sell is Sheets. We sell Egyptian cotton, silk, bamboo, percale, and the extraordinary wood fiber sheets (my own personal favorite) While we love our sheets, that isn’t all we sell; not by a long shot. We also offer towels, down, pillows, lotions, soaps, candles and many other luxuries for the bedroom, bath, and all over the home. We have unique gifts, trays, mirrors, silk florals, as well as lamps and lighting from all over the world. Every season we try to bring in something new, so things are always changing.
- (these are the miracle Lampes that take any odor out of your home!)
- (what dog lover wouldn’t LOVE this adorable pillow?)
- (When my kids were small, a bowl of these little guys in the store used to occupy them while I got to shop)
Q: What is the most common misconception about SOMNIA?
A: The biggest misconception about SOMNIA is that we are the expensive linen store. In reality we have bedding options that fit almost every budget. As you have just read, we also offer so much more than bedding and towels!! Stop in and take a look.