Archive for February, 2015
- Prom season is in full swing! Have you started looking for your dress yet? Club Boutique and City Shoes have the latest, greatest and most stylish looks this season. They will take care of you from head to toe!
I recently sat down with Alissa Gold, owner of Club Boutique to discuss prom.
When do girls typically start shopping for their prom dress?
January. I post on my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/clubboutiqueandcityshoes, and website, http://clubboutiquecityshoes.com. All girls should be “FRIENDING” us to get a peek at what we have. New gowns are arriving DAILY.
- What are this years trends in prom dresses? Any particular color, style, long, short?
Definitely two piece – a little belly showing.
- Also, “barely there” illusion lace dresses (dress with an illusion mesh tops) or gorgeous beading with a high neck embellished with colorful beads. The bodice with a “bare” back (the backs are not really bare, but the nude mesh makes the dress LOOK backless). FABULOUS.
- Color trends? Red, sapphire blue is a close second and third is usually a pale pink. This year’s fabulous color is in the blush, nude or champagne family. GORGEOUS. Almost everyone can wear these colors.
- Do you also offer accessories?
WE HAVE FANTASTIC ACCESSORIES! – Shoes, of course, from City Shoes, we offer the perfect “bling” to go with your dress. Check out our perfect earrings and bracelets which will enhance the perfection of your dress-we even have a few tiaras!!! We are reasonably prie and have a wide selection to finish off the girls’ outfit.
- OK. now you have your dress, shoes and accessories,want to finish off your look? I also sat down with Christine, owner of The Face Café in downtown Portsmouth.
- What if one never wears make up and wants a natural look?
YOU are the boss! It is our job to create the look YOU want….So just let us know! We usually start off with less and let you tell us if you want more of anything, whether it is lip color, eye shadow, blush….it is YOUR day and we want you to be happy & feel comfortable!
- How far in advance do you start booking for prom?
The sooner, the better. We offer a complementary make-up lesson & application prior to prom when you purchase your dress from our favorite dress shop Club Boutique! You also will receive 10% Off all retail products, for the lip color & pressed powder you will need to touch up during the evening.
- How important is good skin for my prom & photos?
A great make up application begins with GREAT SKIN! We are a full service spa and our Teen Facials are only $65 & INCLUDE a complementary make up application! Because Jane Iredale is so healthy, it is safe & recommended to apply after a facial. It has anti-inflamatory properties as well as SPF.
I would suggest coming in for a facial before the prom & have a ‘test run’ of your make up for the day of the prom! We have these great color charts with faces & can write down all of the colors that we used…AND you will see what you will look like for the prom, no surprises!! Best yet, your skin will look amazing after our medical grade facial!
- What other services may be useful to me on a regular basis as well as the prom?
Like I mentioned in #7. we are a Full Service Spa! Facials, Facial & Body Waxing….Lash Extensions, Temporary Lash Strips, Lash Tinting & of course Make Up Applications!
I have also hosted private parties for birthdays, women’s events, Girls Night Out-for Wedding Trials or Prom Trials.
We have a large space which is GREAT for entertaining! Our back patio & garden area is so beautiful and a space we love to use whenever we can!